When you are a pet owner, one of the tasks you need to look into is registering with a local vet. If you live in the Solihull area there is a good chance that 608 Vets is one that you are either registered with, or are on your shortlist for consideration. So who are 608 Vets and what do they offer?
608 Vets offer the complete range of services that pet owners are likely to need. With 3 branches they are able to offer appointments at a time to suit most people. They even have an out of hours emergency service which I believe operates from the Solihull branch. Some of the services offered include:
- Vaccinations – Have a new puppy who has only had its first vaccine? Have a pet that requires its annual booster? Maybe you require a vaccine to enable overseas travel with your pet. 608 Vets has you covered, offering vaccines for dogs, cats and rabbits. The sorts of vaccines provided for dogs include Parvovirus, Leptospirosis, Distemper, Canine Infectious Hepatitis, Rabies, Leishmaniasis, Herpes vaccination and Kennel Cough. Vaccines for cats include Cat Flu, Feline Enteritis, Feline Leukaemia Virus and Feline Chlamydophila. The main vaccines for rabbits are myxomatosis and viral haemorrhagic disease (VHD).
- Operating Facilities – The Solihull branch is well setup to provide surgical operations like neutering and orthopaedic procedures.
- In House Laboratory – If your pet is being investigated for a particular condition there is a chance 608 Vets will be able to run the tests in their own lab. When samples do need to be sent to outside labs they state that they expect results very promptly.
- Nurse Clinics – This offers things like puppy checks, microchipping, dental checks, nail trimmings and general advice.
- Travel Documents – Since January 2021 Pet Passports issued in the UK are not valid within the EU. The new documentation is known as the Animal Health Corticate which 608 Vets are able to offer advice about and provide.
- Euthanasia & Pet Cremation – It’s the part about being a pet owner that none of us wants to face. When the time comes to put a pet to sleep 608 Vets can do this at their practice or can even offer the service in your own home, the place where your pet feels most comfortable. The owner can then keep the body for burial, or in the case of cremation you can opt for an individual cremation if you prefer and have the ashes returned to you to be scattered at your pet’s favourite park or beach.
608 Vets Solihull
It’s fair to say that the Solihull branch of 608 Vets is their main local branch. The image a the top of this article is the Solihull branch. It offers the complete range of services including our of hours between 7pm and 9am. It also offers 24/7 emergency care which is useful if your pet needs urgent care during the night or during a public holiday when some vets could be closed.
The address for the Solihull branch is 608 Warwick Road, Solihull, West Midlands, B91 1AA and their phone number is 0121 705 3044.
608 Vets Bentley Heath
Open for regular hours Monday – Friday but also available Saturday mornings. They mostly cater for pre-booked consultation appointments. They can carry our routine operations.
The Bentley Heath branch of 608 Vets has the following address and phone number:
108 Widney Road, Bentley Heath, Solihull, West Midlands, B93 9BL. Phone 01564 774 246.
608 Vets – Acocks Green
Only open for limited hours and by appointment only. Apparently this branch is able to offer routine operations which I was surprised to learn considering just how small this building is.
The Acocks Green branch of 608 Vets has the following address and phone number:
139 Westley Road, Acocks Green, Birmingham, B27 7UW. Phone 0121 706 1870.
Looking at the quantity of reviews that 608 Vets has it’s clear that they must have a large number of clients. Perhaps you and your pet are registered with them? If so feel free to leave a comment if you want to give your feedback for others to read. Alternatively if you are registered with a different local vet and you would like to sing their praises, please do. Maybe we will feature them in a future article.